1. Sneak out in the middle of the night with someone you like. Drive to the middle of nowhere or simply just watch the stars and the moon from the roof of a car. Talk about the universe and everything in between.
2. Draw. Sculpt. Or write. Put your tangled thoughts into art. Show it to someone or hide it under your bed.
3. Put yourself first sometimes. Do what you love even if your friends or parents tell you otherwise. Wear the clothes you want and listen to the music your heart desires. Don’t fall under the pressure of pleasing others.
4. Spend an hour or two alone every day. Go to a coffee shop and sit by the window. Bring your favorite book even though you’ve probably read it a hundred times and look at the different people surrounding you.
5. Go out at night. Perhaps with your best friend. Dress up for once and make sure to feel beautiful and classy. In case you’re a girl put on a shade of red lipstick and curl your hair. There is just something strangely exciting about looking like you got it all together when deep down you’re a nervous wreck."
“I think the most amazing fact I learned was that they have a part of the brain that we don’t have—a part that we can’t even identify. This suggests that they sense, understand, and even feel more than we do. It still blows me away to think about it.”—Gabriela Cowperthwaite, Director of Blackfish
Hag stones, also known as Holey Stones or Witch Stones, are stones that have a naturally occurring hole and are usually found near oceans and other bodies of water. They are said to be powerful protection talismans, and when worn or carried they protect the bearer from curses, hexes, negative spirits, and harm. They have also been used to prevent nightmares, being strung on a bedpost or placed underneath pillows. It is also believed that if you peer through the hole of the stone that you can see the Fae Folk and otherworldly entities. If one broke, it is thought to have used its power to protect a life.